04 May 2009

Eat. Pray. Love.

" The wind blows south, the wind blows north - round and round and back again. Every river flows into the sea, but the sea is not yet full. The water returns to where the rivers began, and starts all over again. Everything leads to weariness - a weariness too great for words. Our eyes can never see enough to be satisfied; our ears can never hear enough. What has happened before will happen again. What has done before will be done again. There is nothing new in the world. It has all happened before, long before we were born. No one remembers what has happened in the past, and no one in days to come will remember what happens between now and then."



What is the purpose of life?

Yes, it is about learning, and developing and changing and all those textbook answers that you can think of. Growing up, studying, working, relationships, partying, passion, getting married, having kids and then, you die. Is that all to life? I find things rather shallow lately. Every time I do a certain something, I ask myself, "What am I doing this for? Why? For who? What do I get from it?" And at times, I can't find answers to the questions in my head. And so, it comes to my mind, that life is useless. It is all useless.

No offence, but we all do the same thing day after day, go through the same cycle that it becomes a routine. We work to survive in this world, to climb up that ladder of success that you define which is influenced by the world. We desire the things that almost everyone else does, just in a different manner. We strive for the best in everything we do, at work, studies, relationships, talents and whatsoever. What do we get out of it? If we 'win', we obtain satisfaction and a sense of achievement and all those wonderful feelings. If not, rejection, sorrow, helplessness and all those of the same. Generations come and go, but the world stays the same.

Are we doing it for ourselves?
Are we doing it for others, the people around us?
Are we doing it to prove something to the world out there?
Why? What do you have to show for it?

I'm not here trying to discourage anyone or anything, but this is how I feel right now. We are all to be forgotten in time. Don't you agree? The things you do, the words you speak, even the person you are, will be forgotten. It's just a matter of time. It is only for that one significant moment that you would only be remembered and be appreciated. After that, *poof* it's fades away. But you do what you do again and again, because it has become a way of life to you, because that is how you are. That is how we all are. Then, everything turns and leads into weariness which is beyond what we can comprehend. We all get tired, of doing the same things, of going through the same situations, just in different circumstances. Whatever that you've worked for, whatever you're working for and have earned, is all in vain because it is not yours for long, it will never be. In the end, you actually own nothing.



Like how we are born into the world, with nothing, that is how we are to leave the world, with nothing.

Sometimes, I feel like giving up. Everything seems useless. Everything is just for the moment. Because the future is so uncertain, and I know that in the end, nothing is mine, completely mine. Everything in this world is temporary, everything in this world does not last. But I realized one thing, that God and His love is what I have. It is the most genuine and precious thing that I can have and that will never fade. Like a rose that withers, human love too fades. Material things bring happiness that lasts for a short period of time, but God's love and assurance brings great joy to me. I have learned that putting my trust and hopes and dreams in the Lord is better than seeking to fulfilling my desires in anyone or anything in this place we live in, because they are certain to disappoint me in one way or another. I am not bitter, I am not giving up on myself, situations, people or anything. I just learned that nothing lasts forever, except that one thing from God.



In Him and His promises, in faith, hope and love,
I continue to grow.

4 potatoes speak:

Sherryna said...

visitting^^

somehow i can relate on how u feel when u write this post, dont knw why lol. prolly im feeling all melancholy lately.

anyways, nice blog =)

Lynn said...

thanks :)

Steven Chang said...

nice post. =)

Lynn said...

thanks Stevie (: